Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I am thankful:

For the wife who says,
it's hot dogs tonight,
because it means she is at home with me,
and not out with someone else.

For the husband who is on the sofa
being a couch potato,
because he is at home with me,
and not out at the bars.

For the teenager
who is complaining about doing dishes,
because it means he is at home,
not on the streets.

For the taxes I pay,
because it means I am employed.

For the mess to clean up after a party,
because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

For the floor that needs sweeping,
and windows that need cleaning,
because it means I have a home.

For the pile of laundry and ironing
because it means I have clothes to wear.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug,
because it means I have enough to eat.

For weariness and aching muscles
at the end of the day,
because it means I am capable of working hard.

For the alarm clock that goes off
early in the morning hours
because it means I am alive.

and finally,
for all the tutorials and exams that I have
because it means I can look forward to a school break! ;p

10:46 PM